Monday, November 7, 2022

Love well

​S-Galatians5:  13-15 NIV

13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh[a]; rather, serve one another humbly in love. 14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”[b] 15 If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.

O- Paul's epistle to the church in Galatia was written to teach and lift up the Galatians who likely had some internal strife within the church.   Their humanity was not meant to condemn them but rather Paul wrote to help them avoid heading down and path that would lead to the destruction of the church.  Paul reminds them they were called to be free, but that freedom wasn't meant to indulge themselves but rather to serve one another , humbly with love.   Paul echoes the commandment that fullfill's the law that Jesus once answered the Pharisee's when question.  To love your neighbor as yourself will leave you on the right side with others and with God. 

A -  The application for me is to acknowledge the freedom I have in Christ, and use this fact to humbly love those around me.   I am to avoid biterness and backstabbing to those around me.  By learning to love my neighbor as myself I will keep focused on those in need around me and not focused on myself. 

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord you would help me love others well.  Help me to turn my focus away from my needs and wants and to place it on those around me who need to know your love through me.  I pray this in Jesus Christ name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment