Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Sanctified in Christ

​S-1Thes 4:3-6 NIV

It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control your own body[a] in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God; and that in this matter no one should wrong or take advantage of a brother or sister.  

O- Here Paul is speaking to the sanctification of believers.  In this sanctification process they are to avoid sexual immorality and to control their own bodies in a a way that is holy and honorable and not be led by passionat lust.   In this same manner no one is to take advantage of another brother or sister.  It is in these commands that we can live and love like true Christians do.

A - The application for me is to heed this exhortation to be sanctified in Christ and to avoid sexual immorality while controlling my own body, which is mine to lead.  I need to live a Christ centered life and not get distracted by sexual yearnings or distractions in my life.  I am to in the same manner not take advantage of other Christians , especially my wife and kids.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord you help me lead a Christ centered life, and put all ways of sexual immorality behind me.  I pray this in Jesus name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment