Saturday, November 26, 2022

Serve those in need

​S-Matt 25:34-40 NIV

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me

O- Jesus is telling this parable to his disciples so they would understand what type of person will inherit the kingdom of God.  The kind of people that feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsy, invited in strangers,  clothed those without,  look after the sick and visit those in prison are the kind of people will that do these things for the least of these are welcomed into God's kingdom.

A -  The application for me is to follow the example here and humble submit and serve those of less fortune than I.   I am to look around me and serve those in my presence who are in need. 

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray you give me eyes to see the need and hands to serve the need wherever I am.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment