Saturday, November 12, 2022

Gift of the Spirit

​S-1Cor 12:3-4 NIV

Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

O- Paul here is teaching on the gift of the Spirit and in verse 3 shows us that that the output of these gifts is consistent with who God is and who we are in Christ.  When we speak from the spirit that is within us we don't speak against who Jesus is and we don't proclaim his Lordship in our lives except by the prompting of the Holy Spirit.   Therefore as members of the body of Christ we are to be led and gifted by the Holy Spirit,  and since there is only one spirit for all of us, when we are led by the spirit we all come together to form the body of Christ.

A -  The application for me is live by the spirit of God within me.  I am to walk and act out of the Holy Spirit's prompting and therefore I need to stay tuned in to what God is doing and saying in my life.  I am to speak from the spirit within me and not from my flesh.

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord for your Holy Spirit's presence in my life.  Help me to hear and discern your promptings and speak from your spirit's guidance in me.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment