Sunday, March 28, 2021

Walking out of the valley

 S - Psalm 39:7-8   (NASB)

“And now, Lord, for what do I wait?
My hope is in You.
Save me from all my wrongdoings;
Do not make me an object of reproach for the foolish.

1 Cor 13

Love is patient, love is kind, it is not jealous; love does not brag, it is not arrogant. It does not act disgracefully, it does not seek its own benefit; it is not provoked, does not keep an account of a wrong suffered, it does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; it [b]keeps every confidence, it believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

O - These two passages represent my thoughts and request to God and His answer.  I am at another transition point.  One in which I reflect on my past attitude and actions which was led by sin and my mental illness and on in which I did many wrong things within my marriage.  My hope is in the Lord that because of His grace and mercy He will still lead me in the way to restore my marriage and provide for my family.   

A - The application comes in the scriptures definition of love.   Love is patient, and kind, is humble and does not seek its own benefit.  It does not keep accounts of wrong suffered,  it does not rejoice in unrighteousness but rejoices in truth.   I need to show my family this kind of love, especially my wife.   If I heal my marriage and put my house in order the outcome will be a life that is ready to live for Christ alone. 

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would help Abby and I discern what we are to week out from our media life.  Help us to prune that which brings death and not life.  Help us to understand you plan financially for us and for us to follow.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment