Sunday, March 14, 2021

Free from the old covenant

 S - Galatians 5: 1  (NASB)

It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery

O -  Paul is speaking to the Galatians here about be set free from the law and being justified by Christ and not by circumcision.  The yoke of those who are circumcised  is the Law.   But those who are justified by faith in Christ no longer are subject to the judgement of the Law.   So Paul is telling them don't fall backwards into a life judged by the Law instead live by the new Covenant which reconciles man's sin through the blood of Christ. 

A -  The application for me is to continue to walk in the grace of my Lord and Savior.  Jesus who dwells in me,  knows the sin I have committed and that He has died for.  As far as from the East is from the West He has removed my transgressions from me. 

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment