Thursday, March 11, 2021

Repentance

 S -  Psalm 38:1-3  (NASB)

Lord, do not rebuke me in Your wrath,
And do not punish me in Your burning anger.
For Your arrows have sunk deep into me,
And Your hand has pressed down on me.
There is no healthy part in my flesh because of Your indignation;
There is no health in my bones because of my sin.

O - This entire Psalm is of repentance for sin.  What is interesting it is not one of restoration or even salvation.   David must of have completed it before he praised God for his salvation.   I find this interesting because many of David's psalms finish on the positive side of prayer ,  with thanksgiving for God's mercy and grace.  I don't think there is anything wrong with this song of repentance,  David pours out his request for mercy as he faces the consequence of his sin.

A -  The application for me is to be reminded not to skip lightly over repentance for my sin.  I am to repent for my sin and recognize God's eye is on my sin and disobedience and His anger does burn against me,  my flesh is unhealthy when any part of it sins.   I need to pray for mercy and forgiveness knowing He will forgive, but not because what I have done but because of what Jesus' has done. 

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your reminder to have a repentant heart.  I repent for my sins of selfishness and gluttony.   I can find myself thinking only of myself and have to remember those who you love that are in my life.   I pray for correction to my attitude and love for you and for those who are in my life.  I pray all this in Jesus' name. 


No comments:

Post a Comment