Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Fear the Lord

 S -  Deut 10:12-13   (NASB)

12 “And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God require of you, but to [d]fear the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways and love Him, and to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, 13 and to keep the Lords commandments and His statutes which I am commanding you today for your good?

O - These words are from Moses to the people of Israel before they enter the promised land. The Lord has freed them from captivity in Egypt, led and provided for them as they traveled through the desert, and now at the door to the promised land He has had Moses share with them their story of salvation.  So what do they need to do when they enter this land?   They need to fear God (to have great reverence)  walk in His ways and love Him, and serve Him with all your heart and soul.  They are to keep His commandments always.  Though these instructions are clear and very fair,  this will prove to be a heavy burden to carry.  Though it is God's good and perfect plan for His people, they will fall short and stumble generation after generation until Jesus comes.   He make possible and perfect the law by reconciling God's people with God,  by becoming the atoning sacrifice for their sin which separates them from God. 

A - The application for me is to fear God,  love Jesus,  live with Jesus as my Lord and Savior.  Because of his atoning sacrifice I might know God, and love God and because I know the good and perfect Love of God I can love others in my family, in my life like He loves me.  

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for this word in Deuteronomy for me to ponder on.  I pray that it would be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord you teach me how to love you and love others.  I pray all this in Jesus' name, Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment