Friday, March 26, 2021

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

 S -  Joshua 24: 14-15   (NASB)

14 “Now, therefore, [e]fear the Lord and serve Him in sincerity and [f]truth; and do away with the gods which your fathers served beyond the Euphrates River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord. 15 But if it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served, which were beyond the Euphrates River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”

O - This passage comes from when Joshua,  he had just finished leading Israel into the promised land and was reviewing Israel's history.   He exhorts them to fear and serve the Lord who delivered them from Egypt.   He tells them if it is not agreeable to follow the lord, choose whom or what you will follow, but as for his house they will serve the Lord.

A -  The application for me is to recognized that I have just finished a season in the desert and God has led me back to the promised land.   I have already once started chasing after the God of wealth and not after serving Him.   This is my opportunity to live out the scripture ...  " as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

P - Dear heavenly Father, hear my hearts cry,   I want to lead my house to serve you.  I pray you reveal to me your calling on my life and where you want me to lead my family and serve you.  I pray all this in Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment