Thursday, March 18, 2021

Trust in the Lord

 S - Psalm 37: 3-5   (NASB)

Trust in the Lord and do good;
Live in the land and [a]cultivate faithfulness.
Delight yourself in the Lord;
And He will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord,
Trust also in Him, and He will do it.

O - Trust is a the foundation of a good relationship.   God has entrusted us with life, and it is ours to live.  If we live loving and trusting God (for it is impossible to love without trust) then we will do good.  We will live in the land He has provided and cultivate faithfulness.   When we delight in the Lord He gives us the desires of our heart, and if we commit our ways to Him, and trust in Him, He will give us our ways.

A - The application for me is to recognize the importance of a trusting relationship.  First with the Lord who has been faithful in so many ways in my life that I trust He has my best interest in mind and is always there for me .   I must also recognize it is trust in my marriage I need to cultivate.  My wife has always been faithful and there for me and has earned my trust.  I have not always lived honorably with respect to my wife and therefore her trust of me has been weakened.  I need to keep making efforts to earn her trust. I must delight in the Lord and delight in the marriage He has given me and I must present my desires in my marriage to the Lord and trust in Him to make a way to give me the desires of my heart.  I must commit my marriage to the Lord and trust He will rebuild it stronger than ever. 

P - Dear heavenly Father, this is my hearts desire to put my trust in You, that you might restore my life and marriage.    I pray all this in Jesus' name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment