Saturday, March 27, 2021

Spiritual Gifts

 S - 1 Cor 12 : 27-31    (NASB)

27 Now you are Christ’s body, and individually parts of it. 28 And God has [u]appointed in the church, first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then [v]miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, and various kinds of tongues. 29 All are not apostles, are they? All are not prophets, are they? All are not teachers, are they? All are not workers of [w]miracles, are they? 30 All do not have gifts of healings, do they? All do not speak with tongues, do they? All do not interpret, do they? 31 But earnestly desire the greater gifts.

O - Paul just finished explain the spiritual gifts to the church at Corinth and now he is listing the offices of the church which collectively as one body lead and represent the body of Christ.   From Apostles to Prophets each are given spiritual gifts  (prophesy, tongues, miracles, teachers, etc) to perform their duties.   No one is greater than another and all parts make up all the functions of the body.  

A - The application for me is to recognize I have a part to play in the body of Christ.  I can no longer sit on the sideline with my spiritual gifts and not participate.  I have the gift of teaching and then helps and administration.   I need to begin seeking again where God wants me to serve the body of Christ.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your word, may today's lesson be sealed to my heart.  I pray for a discernment of where you would have me exercise my spiritual gifts and serve  you in the body of Christ.  I pray all this in Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment