Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Faith in God's power, over the wisdom of man

 S - 1 Cor 2: 1-5 (NASB)

And when I came to you, brothers and sisters, I did not come as someone superior in [a]speaking ability or [b]wisdom, as I proclaimed to you the [c]testimony of God. For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified. I also was with you in weakness and fear, and in great trembling, and my [d]message and my preaching were not in persuasive words of [e]wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, so that your faith would not [f]rest on the [g]wisdom of mankind, but on the power of God

O -  Paul is speaking to the Church at Corinth and did not write to show them His wisdom or qualification but rather the Spirit in him that allows him to preach the Gospel.  Paul knew that the Pharisee's held the wisdom and knowledge of the scripture but it was not enough to know the Truth of who Jesus is.    Therefore it was important that Christians rested not on their knowledge of the scripture or wisdom of man, but on the Power of God and the person of Jesus. 

A - The application for me, is to be sure my educating myself on the bible and things of Christianity that I don't put my faith in those things, but rather on the power of God and the person of Jesus Christ.  I have knowledge, but I also have proof of God's power in my life, power that has rescued and healed me , not because of my knowledge but because of His love and mercy.  I must reflect on what He is doing in my life as much as I do what is written in scripture or taught by man.  

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your lesson today, may the spirit of what I have read and reflected on , transform my heart and mind in Christ Jesus,  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment