Saturday, March 6, 2021

Remember the things God has done

 S -  Deut 4:9   (NASB)

“Only be careful for yourself and watch over your soul diligently, so that you do not forget the things which your eyes have seen and they do not depart from your heart all the days of your life; but make them known to your sons and your grandsons. 

O - My observation is that the people of Israel as they were being led into the promised land and given victory over its inhabitants were reminded to keep the commandments the Lord had given them.   They had already stubbornly not entered the promised land the first time and now they were taking over a land from people who did not follow God but other gods.   He warned them to not forget what God had done for His people to deliver them from captivity in Egypt and provision in the desert.   Through Moses He gave them the law to follow in order to stay right with God.

A - The application for me is to follow the same guidance the people of Israel were commanded.  I  must remember what God has done in and around my life.  The Lord is my salvation and His ways are my ways.  They are written on my heart so I may never forget who He is and what He has done.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your salvation of my soul.  I pray I would walk rightly in you commandments.   I pray that I am reminded they are written in my heart, I need only to look inward and remember what you have done and are doing in my life.  I pray all this in Jesus Christ' name,  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment