Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Store up kingdom riches in heaven

 S - Mark 10:23-27   (NASB)

23 And Jesus, looking around, *said to His disciples, “How hard it will be for those who are wealthy to enter the kingdom of God!” 24 And the disciples were amazed at His words. But Jesus responded again and *said to them, “Children, how hard it is to enter the kingdom of God! 25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.” 26 And they were even more astonished, and said to Him, “[k]Then who can be saved?” 27 Looking at them, Jesus *said, “With people it is impossible, but not with God; for all things are possible with God.”

O -   I sit here a rich man who knows and loves God, but struggles each day to live up to His standard.    The rich ruler here also was a good man but when Jesus told him to sell all his possessions and follow him,  he struggled.   There are many people who are well off who struggle following Christ.  That is why Jesus said it would be easier for a camel to go through an eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God.   He does not say it is impossible only that it is very hard, and if not for God paying the price of His own son's life,  it would be impossible.  Now we only need to believe and receive God's grace and invitation to join Him in the Kingdom of Heaven.  

A - The application for me is to not hold tightly to my riches but offer them up daily to God for His kingdom purposes.  My riches today are to be used for Kingdom purposes and I am to store up Kingdom riches for the future.    

P - Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for this message and I ask that you seal it to my heart.  I pray you help me steward your riches well here on earth.  I pray all this in Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment