Monday, March 29, 2021

Repenting for wandering away from the Lord

 S -  Judges 6:7-10   (NASB)

Now it came about, when the sons of Israel cried out to the Lord on account of Midian, that the Lord sent a prophet to the sons of Israel, and he said to them, “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel says: ‘It was I who brought you up from Egypt, and brought you out of the house of [e]slavery. And I rescued you from the hands of the Egyptians, and from the hands of all your oppressors, and I drove them out from you and gave you their land, 10 and I said to you, “I am the Lord your God; you shall not fear the gods of the Amorites in whose land you live.” But you have not [f]obeyed Me.’”

O - This is in a period where after taking the promised land and after Joshua died that the Israelites began worshiping false God's again.  As a result they where being plundered by the people around them.   The Israelites instincts where to cry out to the Lord, yet they did not have the instinct to search themselves for the cause of their affliction.  But the Lord is full of mercy, and revealed their sin ,  fearing other God' and disobeying His commandments.

A - The application for me is to recognize I have sinned and must run to the Lord like the Israelites did and His mercy is there.  I must search myself for any sin that remains and repent and turn from any evil ways.  

P -Dear heavenly Father, search me and know my heart and show me any evil ways that I have.  I repent for my sexual sin and ask that you restore me and my family.  I pray that you show me the way to restore my marriage and show me how to provided for my family. I will continue to serve my business as if I was serving you.   I pray all this is in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment