Monday, February 8, 2021

Wisdom dwells with prudence

 S -  Proverbs 8:12-14   (NASB)
12 “I, wisdom, dwell with prudence,
And I find knowledge and discretion.
13 The fear of the Lord is to hate evil;
Pride, arrogance, the evil way,
And the perverted mouth, I hate.
14 Advice is mine and sound wisdom;
I am understanding, power is mine.

O - My observation is that wisdom lives where one is prudent and knowledge is found in discretion.    Those who fear the lord, hat evil, and avoid pride and arrogance.   The mouth which is perverted is to be rebuked and I am to seek sound wisdom and advice.   This proverb is to remind me that I am to seek understanding because the power is mine to have.

A - The application for me is to recognize that I uniquely have the opportunity to receive the same wisdom that Solomon received if only I would have a healthy fear of the Lord and love of wisdom.  The path to understanding runs through the path laid out by wisdom.  I am too seek sound wisdom from the Lord and follow His path all the days of my life.   

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for this mornings devotion and sharing with me your wisdom.   I pray that I might write these words of wisdom on my heart so they might guide me all the days of my life.  I pray all this in Jesus' Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment