Thursday, February 18, 2021

A humble heart

 S - Proverbs 18 (NASB)

Before destruction the heart of man is haughty,
But humility goes before honor.

 O- My observation is that humility is a key trait of an effective Christian.   Without humility,  pride rules the day and causes one to make decisions that are unwise.  A humble heart however carefully considers his position and does not seek to elevate oneself but rather humbly serve.

A - The heart of a humble servant leads to a way of prosperity and peace.   I need to remember not who I am but rather whose I AM.    As a humble servant of God and His people, and will use my gifts to serve and glorify the Lord.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's word of wisdom, may it be sealed to my heart.   I pray all this in Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment