Saturday, February 6, 2021

Follow the command of your father and teachings of your mother

 S - Proverbs 6: 21-31 (NASB)

My son, comply with the commandment of your father,
And do not ignore the [l]teaching of your mother;
21 Bind them continually on your heart;
Tie them around your neck.
22 When you walk, [m]they will guide you;
When you sleep, [n]they will watch over you;
And when you awake, [o]they will talk to you.

23 For the commandment is a lamp and the [p]teaching is light;
And rebukes for discipline are the way of life
24 To keep you from the evil woman,
From the smooth tongue of the foreign woman.
25 Do not desire her beauty in your heart,
Nor let her capture you with her eyelids.
26 For the price of a prostitute reduces one to a loaf of bread,
And [q]an adulteress hunts for a precious life.
27 Can anyone take fire in his lap
And his clothes not be burned?
28 Or can a person walk on hot coals
And his feet not be scorched?
29 So is the one who goes in to his neighbor’s wife;
Whoever touches her will not [r]go unpunished.
30 People do not despise a thief if he steals
To satisfy [s]himself when he is hungry;
31 But when he is found, he must repay seven times as much;

O -This proverbs tells the follower to comply with the commandment of his heavenly Father, and to not ignore the teaching of his mother; but instead tie them around your neck and you will be guided by them when you walk,  watched over when you sleep and talked to when you wake. 

A - The application for me is to remember to comply with all the commandments that God has given me through His word and to obey the teachings of my mother, who has taught me hard work and service of others.   It is these two ways I will be guided by and watched over.  I will seek them in my morning devotional time so that I might hear the way the Lord has made for me.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for this mornings lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that I would remember all your teachings and laws and that I would abide them all the days of my life.  I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment