Monday, February 22, 2021

Healing by Jesus

 S - Mark 1:40-45    (NASB)

40 A man with leprosy[h] came to him and begged him on his knees, “If you are willing, you can make me clean.”

41 Jesus feeling compassion, reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!” 42 Immediately the leprosy left him and he was cleansed.

43 Jesus sent him away at once with a strong warning: 44 “See that you don’t tell this to anyone. But go, show yourself to the priest and offer the sacrifices that Moses commanded for your cleansing, as a testimony to them.” 45 Instead he went out and began to talk freely, spreading the news. As a result, Jesus could no longer enter a town openly but stayed outside in lonely places. Yet the people still came to him from everywhere.

O - This healing was at the beginning of Jesus' ministry.   He was beginning to have large crowds follow Him and the crowds  would bring their sick and demon afflicted.    Jesus having compassion on them healed them but commanded them to not tell anyone who did the healing but rather go to the priests and give the offerings expected to one who has been healed by God.   Jesus tried to limit the crowds so that they didn't become out of control.  Once they became two large and in danger of the crowds making Him King before His time, he would leave and go somewhere new.

A - The application for me is to remember to come humbly before the Lord when seeking healing.  The man with leprosy came humble seeking healing if Jesus was willing.  He proclaimed he knew Jesus was able,  and that only if He was willing would He heal the man.  I too face some ailments which I know in my heart Jesus is able to heal.  My diabetes and my bipolar depression are the top of my list.  I need only to humble myself and come before Jesus willing to accept his decision on if He would heal me.  I am to come not to test His abilities but to strengthen my faith.  

P - Dear heavenly Father I thank you for today's reminder that you are a God who heals, and that you are willing and able to heal me of my ailments.  Lord I come now humbly seeking your healing from my diabetic condition and from my bipolar depression.  I know you are willing and able.  I accept you healing in  whatever its form and timing.  I ask that you help me to know and understand you plan and I repent from any sin that may have brought on these ailments, whether it be generational sin or sin that I myself have committed.   I pray all this in Jesus' name, amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment