Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom

 S -  Prov 9-10 (NASB)

Give instruction to a wise person and he will become still wiser;
Teach a righteous person and he will increase his insight.
10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,
And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

O - Fear when referenced to the fear of the Lord is the beginning or first thing needed for wisdom to be added to you.   Wisdom comes from the Lord and when we realize he is willing to give it to us, but also willing to allow us to face the consequence of doing the opposite of wisdom and face the consequences of that turning away from wisdom.   I wise person when given instruction will rejoice and apply it quickly to himself;  teach that same person and he will grow in his understanding.   It all comes down to gaining the most important knowledge of all,  the knowledge of who Jesus Christ is resulting in an understanding of the way to be reconciled with God and how to walk wisely in God's ways.

A -  The application for me is to maintain a healthy fear of the Lord.   I have not arrived already have I?   I have the beginning of knowledge and wisdom,   as I now understand who Jesus Christ is ,  my Lord and Savior.   As I sit here in the half time of my life I recognize I have learned much from consequences of lacking wisdom.   Now in the second half of my  life I vow to seek God's wisdom before my own.   First through scripture and then through the Holy Spirit within me. 

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your word of wisdom today, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would show me your wisdom in all circumstances I will face.  I pray all this in Jesus Christ' name,  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment