Monday, February 15, 2021

Seek God's heart

 S - Psalm 25: 4-7  (NASB)

Make me know Your ways, Lord;
Teach me Your paths.
Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
For You are the God of my salvation;
For You I wait all the day.
Remember, Lord, Your compassion and Your faithfulness,
For they have been [b]from of old.
Do not remember the sins of my youth or my wrongdoings;
Remember me according to Your faithfulness,
For Your goodness’ sake, Lord.

O  - This Psalm of David shows why David is a man after God's own heart.  He seeks God's ways and not his own;  he recognizes He is the God of his salvation;   he remembers God's compassion and faithfulness; he remembers the sins of his youth  and ask for forgiveness (forgetfulness) from the Lord.   David speaks of this as if speaking to a friend,  because God has been a friend to him.  He has been his good Shepherd.   God is willing to lay down the life of His only son to protect His flock. 

A - The application for me is to be like David and seek to be known by the Lord, and to know His ways.    I am to always seek the truth and seek His salvation through Jesus Christ.   I am to remember God's compassion and faithfulness.  I am to seek forgiveness for my sins and wrongdoings so that God's goodness may be glorified. 

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord to have a heart like David who seeks your truth and knows your compassion and faithfulness.  I pray all this in Jesus' name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment