Tuesday, February 23, 2021

New convenant in new wineskins

 S - Mark 2: 21-22 (NASB)

21 “No one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment; otherwise, [k]the patch pulls away from it, the new from the old, and a worse tear results. 22 And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; otherwise the wine will burst the skins, and the wine is lost and the skins as well; but one puts new wine into fresh wineskins.”

O -  This passage Jesus speaks to his followers following a meal that He eats with a bunch of Tax Collectors , likely at Matthew's (Levi) house.  The Pharisee's were grumbling that He was eating dinner with tax collectors , when Jesus said to them I came for the the sick , not the healthy, and that this new covenant message would be poured into new followers the same way new wine is poured into new wineskins which are made of new skin that can stretch and expand.  If you put new wine into old wineskins they would burst.  And if you tried to put a new patch on an old leaky wineskin the patch will pull away from the old leaving a bigger hole.  

A - The application for me is recognize I am new wineskin and the Lord has poured out His message of salvation into me.    Now I am to allow it ferment and expand inside of me and allow it to be poured out onto those who have not received His message of grace and salvation. 

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would seal this message to my heart.  That my heart would be filled with your Holy Spirit and that the fullness of my heart would be shared with those that you have put before me .  I pray all this in Jesus' name,  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment