Friday, February 19, 2021

Reconciled through Christ

 S - Psalm 22;1-5, 15-18 (NASB)

My God, my God, why have You forsaken me?
Far from my [b]help are the words of my [c]groaning.
My God, I cry out by day, but You do not answer;
And by night, but [d]I have no rest.
Yet You are holy,
You who [e]are enthroned upon the praises of Israel.
In You our fathers trusted;
They trusted and You rescued them.
To You they cried out and they fled to safety;
In You they trusted and were not [f]disappointed.

...

My strength is dried up like a piece of pottery,
And my tongue clings to my jaws;
And You lay me [m]in the dust of death.
16 For dogs have surrounded me;
[n]A band of evildoers has encompassed me;
[o]They pierced my hands and my feet.
17 I can count all my bones.
They look, they stare at me;
18 They divide my garments among them,
And they cast lots for my clothing.

O - This psalm is a revelation of the coming savior Jesus, who had been persecuted by the people of Israel,  captured and beaten He was sentenced to death on a cross.  While hanging on the cross, he paid the price for all of humanities sin.  It was while he was on the cross his captures cast lots for His clothing.   

A - The application for me is to remember the cross and the salvation it bought for me.   For while I was alone in my sin,  Jesus died for me, so that I might be reconciled with the Father.  

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for the words of this psalm written to prophesy the life of Jesus , whom you sent from heaven to reconcile us all with you.   I pray that you would help me draw from this knowledge and walk in reconciliation to you.  I pray all this in Jesus' name, Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment