Friday, February 26, 2021

Avoid foolishness and fool

 S - Prov 26:4-12  (NASB)

Do not answer a fool [b]according to his foolishness,

Or you will also be like him.
Answer a fool as his foolishness deserves,
So that he will not be wise in his own eyes.
One who sends a message by the hand of a fool
Chops off his own feet and drinks violence.
Like [c]useless legs to one who cannot walk,
So is a proverb in the mouths of fools.
Like [d]one who binds a stone in a sling,
So is one who gives honor to a fool.
Like a thorn that [e]sticks in the hand of a heavy drinker,
So is a proverb in the mouths of fools.
10 [f]Like an archer who wounds everyone,
So is one who hires a fool or hires those who pass by.
11 Like a dog that returns to its vomit,
So is a fool who repeats [g]his foolishness.
12 Do you see a person wise in his own eyes?
There is more hope for a fool than for him.

O - My observation is there is plenty to avoid when it comes to foolishness and the fool himself.    I am to no answer a fool in his foolish talk, but if I do answer , answer as he deserves.  Don't deliver a message by the had of a fool because the information will not travel far in the foolish.  I am not to hire fools  because they return to their foolishness like a dog to its vomit.   

A - The application for me is to wary of foolishness in those around me.   Foolishness walks on a different path that the way of truth in which I desire to walk.    Avoid fools and foolishness at all cost.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray that you would help me to keep my distance from foolishness,   my own foolish thoughts or those around me.  I pray all this in Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment