Thursday, August 20, 2020

Walking in the Truth and the Light of Jesus

 S -  1 John 1: 6-10   (NASB)

If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth; but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

O - This revelation that John is sharing with us is of the truth of who we are now that Christ has come.  Now that He has come we can have a relationship with Him and we can walk in the Light (or truth).    It also means that our sinfulness can be cured as well; we need only acknowledge our sin and turn from it and Christ is able to cleanse us from all unrighteousness and forgive us our sins.  This is the Good News.

A -  The application for me is to walk in the Truth that when I walk with Jesus I can be guided by His truth and will understand the path of righteousness.   I have to acknowledge my own frailty and be washed by the blood of Christ so that the affects of sin won't weigh me down and I can walk in righteousness, loving God and loving others.  This truth will permeate through my whole life and I will be transformed day by day into Christ's likeness.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your Truth,  I pray that I would be able to walk in your Truth all of my days.  I pray Lord,  that you would forgive me of my sinful past, and help me to walk righteously.  I pray that you would heal my mind and body so that I can always hear and know your truth, and not get lost in the affects of this world.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment