Saturday, August 8, 2020

The Good Shepherd

 S - John 10:27-30 (NASB)

 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. 29 [d]My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are [e]one.”

O - I love this description of our good shepherd, Jesus.  We know His voice, it is familiar and comforts us.  He gives eternal life with Him and guarantees no one will take us away from Him.   He is one with God and loves us and in the end is victorious over sin and death.

A - The application for me is to take great comfort that I am His and He is my good shepherd.  I will walk through valleys and climb mountains and can trust he will guide me and protect me in this life, and lead me into the next.   I can trust Him because He is one with God and no one is above God.  

P -  Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's promise, may my confidence in you as my Good Shepherd be cemented to my heart and may I walk in peace and resolve that you are with me and I need only to follow your voice.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment