Saturday, August 22, 2020

Loving my brothers

 S :  1 John 3:     (NASB)

13 Do not be surprised, brethren, if the world hates you. 14 We know that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love abides in death. 15 Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer; and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 16 We know love by this, that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 17 But whoever has the world’s goods, and sees his brother in need and closes his [g]heart [h]against him, how does the love of God abide in him? 18 Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth. 19 We will know by this that we are of the truth, and will [i]assure our heart before Him 20 [j]in whatever our heart condemns us; for God is greater than our heart and knows all things. 21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence [k]before God; 22 and whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do the things that are pleasing in His sight.

O - John here is speaking to believers in the new church and letting them know how they will be treated by the world and how the world will know that they are of Christ.  It is by love and sacrifice that brothers will be know,   those that love their fellow Christians as they love and care for themselves and their families.  They will know us by our hearts, if God's truth and word abides in our heart,  He is capable of helping us lead a righteous life, and whatever we ask from a pure heart He is good and faithful to provide.

A -  The application for me is to focus on loving my brothers and loving my neighbors.   In both cases there will be challenges and those I delight in, but through Christ I shall learn to love them all.   I need to stay connected to God and the Holy Spirit to cleanse my heart of all unrighteousness, and pray for the things I need to love my brother and neighbors.  

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for todays revelation, may it be sealed to my heart.  Lord I pray you would cleanse me on all unrighteousness, and give me a renewed heart to love my brothers and my neighbors.    I pray for peace of mind and physically wellness so that I may see and love those you are putting before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment