Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Jesus is the way, the truth and the life

 S - John 14:1-6  (NASB)

 “Do not let your heart be troubled; [a]believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. And you know the way where I am going.” Thomas *said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?” Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

O -  Jesus was talking to the disciples because even though they had been with Jesus through all of His ministry and seen the many miracles, they were seeing and hearing the condemnation of the Pharisees and probably were worried about how they would overcome the leadership of their people.   This is perhaps understandable because maybe they were expecting the messiah to come and take a commanding leadership over God's people,  He was to be King.   But Jesus sensing their worries comforts them with a truth that endures to us today.  Believe in Jesus and build a relationship with Him , and you will have a relationship with the Father and a place in Heaven with Him.  

A - The application for me is to remember that I need not worry about the troubles of this world but build my relationship with Jesus,   take comfort that He is the way to the kingdom of Heaven,  and that He is with me (and the Holy Spirit) to navigate the troubles of this world.   Each and every day I face challenges and I simply need to remember that Jesus is "the way, the truth, and the life".  It is by Him that I can come to God the Father for strength, guidance, and protection.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.   I pray Lord that you would continue to develop a relationship with me so that I may know you better each and every day,  and not wander from your protection and guidance.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment