Saturday, August 15, 2020

Jesus my Lord, Savior, friend

 S - John 17:6-12     (NASB)

“I have revealed you[a] to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word. Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you. For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me. I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours. 10 All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them. 11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of[b] your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one. 12 While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by[c] that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.

O - I love this paragraph on Jesus describing those God has given Him on earth to follow Him and be a part of His team,  His disciples.  He speaks of them with great respect, thankfulness, and caring.   While Jesus is the savior of the whole world, those He enters into a relationship He truly loves and cares for.   It is personal for Him.   He prays specifically for God the Father to protect them and keep them safe and with Them.

A - The application for me is to recognize I have the same genuine relationship with Jesus.  I have made Him my Lord and He has made me His friend.   I know He will never give up on me, and even when I am wandering and lost in the troubles of this world, He is praying and interceding for me.   

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that I may walk in the peace and confidence that you are my Lord, Savior, and friend.   I pray that you watch over me as I learn to live with this new revelation of my mental health and fragility.  Give me knowledge and wisdom on what to do and how to avoid the troubles I have faced before due to my illness.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment