Friday, August 14, 2020

My counselors - Jesus in Heaven and the Holy Spirit on Earth

 S -  John 16:4-11   (NASB)

“I did not tell you this from the beginning, because I was with you. But now I am going to the one who sent me, and not one of you asks me,[c] ‘Where are you going?’ But because I told you this, grief has filled your hearts. But I tell you the truth, it is better for you that I go. For if I do not go, the Advocate will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. [d]And when he comes he will convict the world in regard to sin and righteousness and condemnation: sin, because they do not believe in me; 10 righteousness, because I am going to the Father and you will no longer see me; 11 condemnation, because the ruler of this world has been condemned.

O - Jesus is speaking here to his disciples before he is about to be taken and crucified.  He knows what is to come, and that his sacrifice will be the way for God's people back to Him once and for all.   But to His disciples they only know that they follow Jesus and love Him, not what He is going to do for them and whom He shall send to them to help them after Jesus takes His place on the throne of God at His right hand.  The holy spirit is crucial for the mission the disciples will face in bringing the good new to the world.  Not only will it provide them with conviction and correction,  it will give them knowledge and truth that they are to speak to witness to God's love and grace.

A -  The application for me is to recognize that though I was not a disciple who got to walk with Jesus,  I stand in the same benefits that Jesus promised them.  First I have Jesus as my advocate with God the Father, and because of that I am restored to a relationship with him , despite my past actions.   Second I have the Holy Spirit to guide me to live a life of righteousness.  I have all I need to live a God honoring life here on earth,  I merely need to remain in connection with the Trinity.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you continue to guide me, especially in this season where I am learning more about the disease that I am living with and the wanting to walk in your will for my life.  I pray Lord you give me wisdom and insight into how I am to live in this new season.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment