Thursday, August 6, 2020

Freedom from the wages of sin

S-  John  8:31-36 (NASB)

 “If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” 33 They answered Him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never yet been enslaved to anyone; how is it that You say, ‘You will become free’?”

34 Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin. 35 The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever. 36 So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed. 

O - Jesus is teaching the Pharisee's how they are to be freed by the truth of who He is.  He is the way, the truth, and the life.   He explains to them all are enslaved as a consequence of their sin, they only need to see that they have sinned (which proves difficult for many) and that He is the way to freedom from the affects of sin.

A -  The application for me is to remember I am still susceptible to sin, and must do my utmost to avoid it, but when I do sin, I must be quick to repent and seek Christ.  

P - Jesus,  I pray that you would help me avoid sin completely.   I know that your grace is sufficient for the times I fall short, but still my heart felt desire is to stay aligned to you and God the Father, and not suffer short term consequences of sin.    I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment