Monday, August 10, 2020

Jesus our King forever

 S - John 12:12-   (NASB)

12 On the next day the large crowd who had come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem, 13 took the branches of the palm trees and went out to meet Him, and began to shout, “Hosanna! Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord, even the King of Israel.”

O - Matthew Henry:  They heartily wish well to his kingdom, which is the meaning of hosanna; let the king of Israel prosper, as when Solomon was crowned they cried, God save king Solomon, 1 Ki. 1:39. In crying hosanna they prayed for three things:-

  • First, That his kingdom might come, in the light and knowledge of it, and in the power and efficacy of it. God speed the gospel plough.
  • Secondly, That it might conquer, and be victorious over all opposition, Rev. 6:2.
  • Thirdly, That it might continue. Hosanna is, Let the king live for ever; though his kingdom may be disturbed, let it never be destroyed, Ps. 72:17.

A - The application for me is to recognize the King Jesus, especially the one that meets the peoples third meaning of the proclamation of Hosanna... that His Kingdom reign for ever.   Jesus came and was victorious over sin by His death on the cross, He paid our toll and thus made a way for us into the Kingdom of Heaven.  He defeated the leadership at the time in Jerusalem as he led the beginning of the Church to its early formation through the Apostles and all who followed Him and believed.  And lastly He rose to take His place at the right hand of God where He reigns over us spiritually.  This recognition that I have a King who is in heaven, advocating on my behalf and watching over me, a king who I can talk to daily, even moment to moment, means I am lucky to have a mentor, guide, and boss who I can trust in to lead me in the right direction.  I need only to seek and follow Him.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's message, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you lead in guide me here on earth, that I might be the man you created me to be, that I might follow your lead on where I am to go and what I am to do.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment