Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Receiving those Jesus sends

 S - John 11:   (NASB)
20 Truly, truly, I say to you, he who receives whomever I send receives Me; and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me.”

O - Jesus is telling this to His disciples as they are in the upper room getting ready to celebrate the passover.  He has washed their feet in an act to show them how they are to serve one another.   And so He tells them this, whomever Jesus sends to them, they are to receive them as if it was Jesus, just as they have accepted Jesus who was sent by God.  This seems to be related to Jesus later calling people into ministry after His death and resurrection, of course the most famous of those called and sent to the disciples was Paul. 

A - The application for me is to be open to the people that Jesus sends into my life, receive them as Jesus.  For me in the past it has been people like Rod and Rich.  For the present it is men like Sam Miller.   I am to keep a look out for men of God in my life that God is sending and be ready to receive them like Jesus received me.

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's lesson may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would make clear to me the men of God you are sending into my life so I might receive them with Joy and acceptance.  I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment