Friday, August 28, 2020

Restoring my first love

 S - Rev 2:4-5   (NASB)

Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first. Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place

O - This is John's revelation to the seven churches but also for all of us.  To one church he exalts them for what they are doing well,  but then rebukes them because they have forsaken their first love,  their relationship with Jesus is not the same as it was at first.  He gives them a simple solution, repent and do the things you did at first.   

A-  Whoa!  This is God's word for me and my marriage.  I have forsaken my first love -  first Jesus and then my wife.  I need to consider or ponder on what I did,  reflect truely where I was furthest from Jesus and my wife, and then repent of the beliefs and actions I took at those times.    I need to ensure I have turned back toward Jesus and my wife.  I need to love Jesus and Abby as I did at first, when the truth of how I felt about them caused my beliefs to be true giving me a desire to spend time with them, and wanting to serve and please them both.  I need to recapture how my first love actions communicated my love and commitment. 

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's message, may it be sealed to my heart. I pray Lord that you would help me get back to my first love.  Restore in me the feelings, beliefs and actions that honored and exalted you and wife in our relationship.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment