Sunday, June 5, 2022

A wife worthy of praise

​s- Prov 31:30

30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

O - Fear of the Lord is the beginning of righteousness, and when this is found in another, especially a wife this is worthy of our praise. This is the key understanding to how we are to assess our wives.  A wife who seeks the Lord in all things is a treasure to be admired and is worthy of our compliments and appreciation.

A - My wife Abby is a woman who fears the Lord.  She seeks out the Lord in her devotional time and He is  good and faithful to answer here.  Her relationship with the Lord is to be admired and praised.   How much more of an encouragement to me is her faithfulness to the Lord.  I must seek to listen to her heart when she pours out her thoughts and feelings and I must head her exhortations to grow in intimacy with the Lord.

P - Dear heavenly father, thank you for your inspiration and revelation through this devotion.  Thank you for appointing Abby as my wife.  Her faithfulness in pursuing you is admirable and worthy of praise.  I pray that you continue to inspire her and thus me.   I pray that you would open my heart and mind to being more open to you and less guarded.  Help my unbelief and set my eyes on you and your righteousness.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment