Saturday, June 25, 2022

slow to anger and abounding in love

​s-Joel 2:12-13 NIV

Even now,” declares the Lord,
    “return to me with all your heart,
    with fasting and weeping and mourning.”

Rend your hear

and not your garments.

Return to the Lord your God,

for he is gracious and compassionate,

slow to anger and abounding in love,


O - The prophet Joel is speaking to the people of Israel who have wandered away again from following the Lord.  He declares that the people are to return to God with all their hearts so that God can restore relationship and convent with His people.  The character of God is revealed for he is slow to anger and abounding in love of His people.  

A - The application for me is to remember that I am being called to return to God with fasting,mouring and weeping.  I must surrender my life to the Lord and quit wallowing in my own self pity.  

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray that you would give me the motivation and strength to return my life to you with all my heart.  I pray that you would help me overcome my stumbling blocks.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment