Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Speaking truth

​S-Eph 4:25-28 (NIV)        

Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to your neighbor, for we are all members of one body. 26 “In your anger do not sin”[d]: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27 and do not give the devil a foothold. 28 Anyone who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with their own hands, that they may have something to share with those in need.

O- Paul here is speaking to the church of Ephesian and in these verses is reminding us how to behave.  We must put off all falsehood and speak truth because we are all one body of Christ.  We are human anger and jealousy may be emotions that we feel but we are to beware of how we react to those feelings in that they don't lead us to sin.  If we do anger we should not let the day pass without resolving our anger or it plants a seed that the enemy of our soul can grow.  If we are sinners we must stop and put our sinful ways aside and use the energy we used to steal for something good and useful and to share with those in need.

A -  The application for me is to put off all falsehood that I have told in my life, to turn from this bad habit and to walk in the light of the truth that I and God know is true.  Each day I need to make sure I am grounding myself in God's truth about the feelings I am experiencing, and not allow the negative feelings like anger and fear to cause me to sin.  

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for your unending patience with me.  I am a sinner and hate the sin that is in me.  I pray that you help me speak and live your truth and put away all falsehood in my way of speaking and living.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment