Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Seeking refuge in the Lord

​S-Amos 5:6 niv

Seek the Lord and live,
    or he will sweep through the tribes of Joseph like a fire;
it will devour them,
    and Bethel will have no one to quench 

Psalm 86:2-3,11

Guard my life, for I am faithful to you;

    save your servant who trusts in you.
You are my God; have mercy on me, Lord,
    for I call to you all day long.
Bring joy to your servant, Lord,
    for I put my trust in you.


11 Teach me your way, Lord,

    that I may rely on your faithfulness;
give me an undivided heart,
    that I may fear your name.

O - Seeking refuge in the Lord is the theme of these scriptures.  From Amos we see that we are to seek after the Lord in order to live,  the alternative is he will devour us. From David in the psalm, we see we are to seek protection in the covering of the Lord,  we achieve this by trusting in the Lord as our savior and not ourselves or others in the world.  We are reminded to call on the Lord all the day long , not just in devotional morning time. We are to learn God's ways so we can have an undivided heart and a healthy fear of the Lord.

A - The application for me is to seek after the Lord and his ways.  He is my protection from calamity and through His Holy Spirit He can guide me in His ways and keep my heart focused on Him and His glory.   When I do this He brings joy to me and my life and keeps me from depression and despair. 

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's lesson may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray that you would be with me as I walk today, help me to be mindful of your ways and to guard my heart against any unrighteousness but seek you in all that I do.  I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment