Tuesday, May 31, 2022

making plans

​s -Prov 16:1-4

To humans belong the plans of the heart,
    but from the Lord comes the proper answer of the tongue.

All a person’s ways seem pure to them,

    but motives are weighed by the Lord.

Commit to the Lord whatever you do,
    and he will establish your plans.

Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

O- Solomon's wisdom on what and how we are to make plans of action for ourselves is a good reminder of the partnership we must be in with the Lord.   We make plans from within our hearts and minds but how to go about making these plans come to fruition is up to the individual to seek the Lord for His proper way to go about it.  We are to understand that what we dream of from our hear seems good to us, but the Lord assesses our motives and thus the outcome of our desires.  Solomon offers a solution to simply commit to the Lord the things you do and he will establish the way for you to go about it.  In Roman's Paul gives sound advice for keeping alignment with the Lord.  We are not to conform with the patterns in the world we see but rather allow the Lord to renew our mind so we can test and prove what his perfect will is.

A - The application for me is to recognize my pattern of making plans and then asking the Lord to bless my plans instead of presenting the desires of my heart and allowing Him to search my heart and make sure my motives are pure.   It is from there that the Lord can and will establish plans I can follow.  I have been falling short in my prayer life and communion with God and it shows as my plans are not clear or firmly established.   I must get back to a place where I commune with God and allow the Holy Spirit to transform my mind to one aligned with God and His perfect will.

P - Dear heavenly Father,  help me to be a man who walks in wisdom and is obedient to your perfect will for my life.  I confess I have fallen short so many times and have defeated myself by following my desires instead of following you.  I pray this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment