Friday, June 24, 2022

Do not forsake the Lord

​S-2Chron 24:20

This is what God says: ‘Why do you disobey the Lord’s commands? You will not prosper. Because you have forsaken the Lord, he has forsaken you.’”

O-This verse comes from the Israelites who have been wandering away from following the Lord and get caught up in following false gods like Baal.   This word is a simple reminder to follow the Lord and you will prosper ,  turn away and He will turn away from you.

A- The application for me is to heed this warning to turn back to God and his commands for me and my life.  I am to seek the Lord daily if not continuously and obey his promptings and direction.

P - Dear heavenly Father,  I need your help to make sure I am obeying your commands and not forsaking you.  My habits of late have been lazy and with great procrastination that I can't seemed to get past. I confess I have been allowing my feelings of inadequacy to take over and this leads me to shrink or shurk away from the duties I have before me as a husband, father, and son.  I pray all of this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment