Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Restore us Lord

​S-Psalm 80:21 niv

19 Restore us, Lord God Almighty;
    make your face shine on us,
    that we may be saved.

O - This Psalm comes from a time in which Israel and Judah had wandered from the Lord once again.  The psalmist here captures the attitude of restoration.  We are helpless without God saving us, our restoration requires God's face to shine upon us. 

A - The application for me is to have the same heart who yearns for restoration and reconciliation with God.   Like the need for sunshine to warm and grow us,  my soul yearns for the Lord's face to shine upon me and my family.  I confess I have wandered from His grace and need only to turn towards God and allow his grace and love to cover me.   

P - Dear heavenly Father , thank you for today's devotion, I pray it would be sealed to my heart.  I repent Lord for my lack of effort and seeking you on a daily basis.  I pray for your strength to get me to turn towards you and receive you in my heart and mind. I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment