Saturday, June 11, 2022

Discerning what is best

 S - Phil 1: 9-11 NIV

And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, 10 so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, 11 filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.

O - Paul's words of wisdom to the church at Phillipi is too exhort them to increase their love by gaining knowledge and insight so that in this increased love they will be able to discern which ways are the best.   This increasing in wisdom is a process of sanctification which comes after salvation and leads us in ways Christ intends His church to live.  

A -  The application for me is to remember to strive to increase my godly love by seeking wisdom and insight that comes from the Lord.  The Holy Spirit resides inside me so that I can discern and decide on what to say and do in all circumstances.  It is from God's boundless love for me that I can strive for boundless love for my family and friends, even those who are merely aquaintences.  

P -  Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's word that inspires and fills my heart with your love.  I pray Lord that you give me the discernment on how to act and live through my current circumstances including how to choose the best counselor and how to handle my financial mess.  I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment