Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Seek the Lord in all things

​S-2Chron 15:2-4 NIV

The Lord is with you when you are with him. If you seek him, he will be found by you, but if you forsake him, he will forsake you.For a long time Israel was without the true God, without a priest to teach and without the law. But in their distress they turned to the Lord, the God of Israel, and sought him, and he was found by them. 

O - The truth revealed here is that God is for and with us, always.   However, we must seek him in order to live in this truth.  We have free will and our choices have consequences.  Often times when we are facing consequences of not seeking but fleeing from God we are faced with the difficult decision to turn from fleeing him to greatly seeking him in all things.  It is when we run to him that we find his open arms waiting for us much like the prodigal son's return to his father. 

A - The application for me to to recognize when I am forsaking the Lord, vice seeking Him.   I must, especially in challenging times,  run to Him for he is a strong fortress and provides a safe place to run to.  I know this in my head and at times my heart fails me.  It is in these times I must remember to choose Jesus over my circumstances.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your unending grace.  I confess I have not been dilegently seeking you , instead I sit in my shame and avoid you all together.  I come back today seeking you love, grace, and firm direction in my life.  I pray you forgive me for my wandering ways and help me regain the trust and faith I once had. I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment