Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Work of my hands can become an idol

Work of my hands can become an idol
 S - Micah 5:13 (NASB)

“ I will cut off your carved images
And your sacred pillars from among you,
So that you will no longer bow down
To the work of your hands.

O - This word of the Lord was to the people of Israel from the prophet Micah who foretold the coming of the Christ and what He would do.   You see the people of Israel despite two full times be exiled continued to not fulfilling the law as written.  There tendency to forget what God has command us, and therefore we see the effects of our wandering away from God.  This has been true from the beginning.

A - The application for me is revealing that I realize God want me to no longer "bow down" to the work of my hands.  I have struggled in this season to find joy in my work and have in the past been driven by my work.   It's not that I think God doesn't want me to work with my hands, he just not want that to be the source of joy in my life.   When I place so much emphasis on work that it becomes my source of joy then I have begun worshiping my work and thus replacing God with my work.   I need to be sure that I believe and live like God is the only source of joy I need, and depend on Him.

P -  Dear heavenly Father, thank you for devotions such as this so I might be corrected.  I repent Lord for making work an idol in my life,  I desire Lord to put you on the altar of my life and worship only you.  I pray Lord your Holy Spirit would rise up in me and remove all from me that is not from you or honoring to you and give me clarity and confidence of the things you are calling me to do.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment