Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Wait on the Lord for renewed strength

Wait on the Lord for renewed strength
S -  Isaiah 40:24-26,28-30 (NASB)

Scarcely have they been planted,
Scarcely have they been sown,
Scarcely has their stock taken root in the earth,
But He merely blows on them, and they wither,
And the storm carries them away like stubble.
25 “ To whom then will you liken Me
That I would be his equal?” says the Holy One.
26 Lift up your eyes on high
And see who has created these stars,
The One who leads forth their host by number,
He calls them all by name;
Because of the greatness of His might and the strength of His power,
Not one of them is missing.
...
The Everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth
Does not become weary or tired.
His understanding is inscrutable.
29 He gives strength to the weary,
And to him who lacks might He increases power.
30 Though youths grow weary and tired,
And vigorous young men stumble badly,
31 Yet those who wait for the Lord
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary.


O - Isaiah was a fortunate prophet in that while he was bringing news of Israels and Judah's exile, he also brought prophecy of their future salvation.   He describes well in these verses the nature of the man, by describing the nature of the people of God.  That because of their own shallow roots in God they are easily blown to and fro and uprooted.   But our hope is in and can only be in the Lord.   You see because he will never be uprooted, and he will never grow weary, and he lacks nothing, we can count on Him and His love for us, and though we may still be a people who grow weary and stumble, if we will wait on the Lord he will lift us up, so that we may run and not grow tired, walk and not become weary.


A - The application for me is to recognize that I am like the people of Israel.  In particular in this season, I am recognizing how shallow my roots may be, and that as my spirit flags, and I grow weary,  I too am to wait patiently and confidently on the Lord because I can trust in Him to deliver me.   I may have lost my strength from before, but by waiting patiently on him, I will gain new strength, a strength that comes from Him and not from me.  A strength that glorifies Him to those around me, and not glorifies me for my strength.  


P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would come to my rescue as I wait for your strength to fill my weakness.  I wait on you Lord to remove these doubts and depression from me and replace them with confidence in you, in who you have made me to be and restore in me confidence in you as the true source of my renewed strength.  Help me to walk out this transformation in a way that brings you glory Lord.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment