Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Correct back to God's ways and His word

Correct back to God's ways and His word
S - Psalm 107:11-13 (NASB)
11 Because they had rebelled against the words of God And spurned the counsel of the Most High.12 Therefore He humbled their heart with labor; They stumbled and there was none to help.13 Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble; He saved them out of their distresses.


O  -   Jesus when he ministered to the people did not minister to their demands or listen their desires, for he knew the ways of man.   Our tendency to rebel against the word of God and as a result face the punishment of seperation from God due to our sinful nature.  But the Psalmist even before Jesus revealed the grace filled loving heart of God, that whomever comes to the Lord repentant and seeking Him, he will save.

A - I can imagine that when we rebel against the word of God at times we don't even recognize we are doing it.  Often it is a slow fade.  But thanks be to God for His correction and his trustworthiness.   He loves us (me) so that he won't let me stay on the wrong path for long before he humbles me.  I know I have wandered at times, and I in retrospect always thankful in the end when I realize how God has corrected me.

P -  Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson,may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would continue to bring me back to your ways, according to your word,  so that I may lead a life that is holy and pleasing to you.  I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment