Sunday, July 15, 2012

Focus on Jesus, the key to endurance

Focus on Jesus, the key to endurance
 S -  Heb 12;1-2 (NASB)
Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.


O - Paul describes here to the Hebrews how we are endure our circumstances and press on so that we may finish well our race and calling in Christ.   Paul more than anyone knew what it was to be called into ministry, and he knew more than anyone what it meant to face opposition, and discouragement, even from within himself.  But he fixes his eyes on Jesus who is in heaven at the right hand of the father, and He encourages us to do the same.  By doing so we can know we can run with endurance because we are heading toward him and not wasting any energy  being distracted in other directions.


A - The application for me in this season is to stay focused and heading toward Jesus, who from the right hand of the Father is revealing His direction for me in this season.  All other things are less important and likely a waste of energy that will reduce my endurance.  


P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your continued lifeline back to you through your word and through your Holy Spirit.  I pray Lord that you walk with me today and help me stay focused on you and your plan for my life and the life of those around me.  I pray this all in Jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment