Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Seek the Lord

Seek the Lord

S - 2 Chron 26:5 (NASB)
 He continued to seek God in the days of Zechariah, who had understanding through the vision of God; and as long as he sought the Lord, God prospered him.


O - This scripture refers to King Uzziah of Judah,  who was one of the few kings in the line of kings following Solomon who did right in the sight of the Lord.  He reigned from a young age of 16 and ruled during a time when the nation of Israel was split between the northern tribes of Israel and the southern tribe of Judah and Benjamin.  So what was the difference in his ruler-ship than all the Kings; it is found in this scripture, "He continued to seek God".  


A -  The application for me is to understand what King Uzziah did that despite circumstances surrounding you if you simply continue to seek the Lord  He is good and faithful and will care for your every need.  In this season of wandering and uncertainty I find myself desperately waiting on the Lord to change the season.   I must hold on to the truth that if I continue to seek God he will answer and lead me in His ways, which are better than my ways. 


P -  Dear heavenly Father, thank youfor today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would continue to reveal to me what  you would have me do in this season to be aligned with you and your plan for my life.  I pray this all in Jesus name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment