Thursday, July 5, 2012

Jesus' perfect intercession

Jesus' perfect intercession

S - Hosea 2:19-20 (NASB)

“I will betroth you to Me forever;
Yes, I will betroth you to Me in righteousness and in justice,
In lovingkindness and in compassion,
20 And I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness.
Then you will know the Lord.

Hebrew 2:1,17
For this reason we must pay much closer attention to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away from it.
...
17 Therefore, He had to be made like His brethren in all things, so that He mightbecome a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. 18 For since He Himself was tempted in that which He has suffered, He is able to come to the aid of those who are tempted.

O - Hosea was prophesying to the northern tribes of Israel primarily how they where going to be cut off from God because of the their acts of disobedience.  Thankfully the Lord also provided hope for the future despite the current circumstances. Even to the disobedient bunch He commits that one day he will betroth himself to them and they will know Him.   As we transition to that actual acted on promise through Christ, we see Paul describing to the Hebrews that now that they have heard of God's kept promise they must be careful not to drift away as our past descendants had.  But he reveals the difference that through Christ who was tempted and suffered all things that we did,   we are able to stay connected and true to God because he understands us and can intercede.  Jesus is the difference. 

A - In this season, one of my fears is that my heart is drifting from the lord and these feelings and circumstances I find myself in will weaken my faith to the point of losing my calling and blessing from the Lord.  As I read these old testament stories of the people forgetting their God I see how it must be possible that I too would do the same when distracted by the circumstances of my life.   I know now that Jesus is ready and able to intercede, and he knows my concerns, and has experienced my circumstances.   I need simply to ask that He guard my heart and mind until my faith again is somehow  restored through the power of God.

P -   Dear heavenly Father, thank you for you encouraging and comforting words.  Jesus I ask that you intercede on my might not fall away from God.  I pray Lord for restoration in this current season, for myself , my wife and my family so that we might continue to grown closer to you Lord and be used in this life.   I pray for comfort and peace Lord that I might lead myself and my family in a way that honors you.  I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment