Monday, July 2, 2012

Our strong deliverer

Our strong deliverer

S - Psalm 116:1-8 (NASB)

I love the Lord, because He hears
My voice and my supplications.
Because He has inclined His ear to me,
Therefore I shall call upon Him as long as I live.
The cords of death encompassed me
And the terrors of Sheol came upon me;
I found distress and sorrow.
Then I called upon the name of the Lord:
“O Lord, I beseech You, save my life!”
Gracious is the Lord, and righteous;
Yes, our God is compassionate.
The Lord preserves the simple;
I was brought low, and He saved me.
Return to your rest, O my soul,
For the Lord has dealt bountifully with you.
For You have rescued my soul from death,
My eyes from tears,
My feet from stumbling.

O -  This is who our God is , our savior, our true friend, a solid rock on which we can stand.  The psalmist here understands that so well likely from a close relationship with the Lord.    For the psalmist it is out of experience that he can claim the goodness and righteousness of God, and it is written for our benefit that our walk may be strengthened in the Lord.  

A -  The application for me is to understand that the truth proclaimed by the psalmist is a  truth that I can place my trust and faith in.  The truth that God does incline His ear toward me , and that I simply need to call on him.  The Lord is compassionate on me, in that he knows I am low, and He can rescue and bring rest to my soul.

P-  Dear heavenly Father, thank you Lord for speaking and being the truth in my life.  I am desperate for youto in this season rescue my soul from the low it resides into today.  I pray Lord that you would deliver me from this weariness and reveal to me your truth.   I pray all this in Jesus name.



No comments:

Post a Comment